ZENRIN Supply Chain CSR Policy
Request to our Business Partners
ZENRIN offering a variety of map-related products and location-based services, including residential maps and map data used in car navigation systems. Under our unique business model, we conduct regular maintenance on our large volume of information collected every day, manage it in a database, and provide it in forms optimized for all manner of devices.
ZENRIN’s mission is to be a leader in global mapping, providing premium map services and products while serving humanity and the environment for the well-being of the earth. ZENRIN´s vision is driving the global mapping profession with premium mapping services and products while furthering the welfare of humanity and the environment.
We communicate and share our mission and vision also by promoting this Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) to our Partners and Suppliers. We wish to contribute to the more sustainable society by applying and promoting these CSR guidelines. Therefore, we ask all our Partners to understand and cooperate in implementing these guidelines. Furthermore, we ask our Partners to do the same request to Partners’ suppliers and to pass on standards along their supply chain.
The following “ZENRIN Supply Chain CSR Policy” was drafted in belief that our Partners share our goal and will join us in committing to CSR.
ZENRIN Supply Chain CSR
1. Compliance and Corporate Ethics
We ask all Partners to promote to follow ethics and to work on building and operating an organization to facilitate this, including:
- To comply thoroughly with the laws and social norms and rules in countries and regions where the business activities are conducted.
- To manage confidential information, and personal data without unfair nor improper acquisition, usage nor disclosure, through establishing and using of Information Security management systems.
- To comply with all applicable laws and regulations on anti-corruption and anti-money laundering in the countries where it operates. Not to pay bribes or to offer improper inducements to anyone for any purpose, nor to accept bribes or improper inducements.
- To maintain free and fair competition, without limitation or obstruction. Moreover, to prevent unfair or anti-trust activities, and to detect and to deal with them as early as possible.
- To share and disclose information proactively, and to ensure accountability to society and corporate transparency. To ensure that the organization functions in an open (fostering a “Speak Up” Culture), transparent, and fair manner and enhances protection for those who report misconduct.
- To respect and not to infringe intellectual property rights of others.
- To respect the land, forest and water rights of the communities (incl. rights of minorities and indigenous peoples) where they operate, and to avoid any actions that may lead to forced eviction or displacement of people.
- To ensure that any security personnel they employ or contract, whether private or public, are properly trained, licensed, and supervised. To ensure that security personnel act in accordance with applicable laws and international standards, such as the Voluntary Principles on Security and Human Rights and the UN Code of Conduct for Law Enforcement Officials.
For the above goals, we ask our Partners to implement appropriate internal procedures and measures to continuously improve and maintain compliance.
2. Safety, Quality, Cost, Delivery and Innovation
We ask all our Partners to provide materials and services with assured safety and quality, cost and delivery (“QCD”). In details it includes following:
- To ensure product safety laws and any applicable standard of safety and maintain it by keeping records of materials, parts, and processes.
- To comply with all applicable export controls and economic sanctions laws and regulations in the countries where they operate as well as to obtain all necessary licenses and authorizations for the export, re-export, transfer, or import of goods, services, software, or technology.
- To maintain appropriate processes to isolate, quarantine, report and remove counterfeit components.
- To maintain and to continuously improve the appropriate quality of materials and services through the established quality management system or according to required quality standards.
- To meet the delivery schedule of materials and service and to enable stable supply.
- To maintain accurate and complete records of their financial transactions and activities, in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
- To continuously promote innovation and technological progress.
3. Human Rights, Health and Safety
We ask all our Partners to respect the human rights of all employees and to assure safe, comfortable working environments.
- To prohibit any kind of child, young workers or slave labour, incl. modern slavery (i.e. slavery, servitude and forced or compulsory labour and human trafficking).
- To avoid unfair labor practices, discrimination, and abusive treatment of employees, such as harassment, cruelty, mobbing, corporal punishment.
- To comply with country laws and employ best practices with respect to employees’ labour conditions (including proper wages, recruitment, and dismissal), health, and safety.
- To respect und uphold the women´s rights, which includes:
- Ensure that female employees have access to safe and hygienic working conditions, adequate health care, maternity leave, and childcare facilities.
- Support the empowerment of female employees through education, training, mentoring, and career development opportunities.
- Promote gender equality and diversity in leadership and management positions within the supplier organization and its supply chain.
- To keep a safe and comfortable working environment, maintain hygienic conditions in any provided lodgings or eating areas, and to maintain sufficient working and living conditions.
- To make a full effort to properly manage working hours, comply with relevant laws and regulations, and curtail long working hours.
- To respect the rights of employees to form or join trade unions and to bargain collectively, in accordance with the applicable laws and regulations of the countries where they operate.
- To value and promote Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
- Diversity: to reflect and respect the diversity of the markets, and to promote a culture of inclusion and belonging for employees and stakeholders.
- Equity: We believe. to eliminate any barriers or biases that may prevent individuals from accessing opportunities and resources and to enable fair and equal treatment for all people, regardless of their background, identity, or status.
- Inclusion: to strive to develop a sufficiently inclusive culture, such that all employees feel their voices will be heard, and to foster a collaborative and supportive environment where everyone can contribute and thrive.
We also expect our suppliers to support the social and environmental causes that align with our mission and vision, and to participate in our sustainability initiatives and programs.
4. Environment and Sustainability
We ask all our Partners to continuously monitor and seek to reduce the environmental impact of their activities. This includes followings:
- Environmental Compliance: To comply with all relevant environmental laws, regulations, and standards. To committed to upholding the highest legal and ethical standards in environmental practices.
- Resource Conservation: To minimize the consumption of natural resources, such as water, energy, and raw materials, and actively seek ways to reduce waste.
- Waste Reduction: To implement waste reduction, recycling, and responsible waste disposal practices to minimize the environmental footprint and prevent pollution.
- Energy Efficiency: To improve continuously energy efficiency and reduce carbon emissions. To explore renewable energy sources and encourage energy-saving behaviors.
- Sustainable Procurement: To prefer environmentally friendly products and materials, giving preference to suppliers who share this commitment to sustainability.
- Transportation Sustainability: To promote sustainable transportation options and support initiatives that reduce the environmental impact.
- Environmental Education and Training: To share internally the knowledge and tools needed to make informed, sustainable decisions and continually raise awareness about environmental issues.
5. Conflict of interests
Conflicts of interest may arise when a supplier has a financial, familial, political, or other relationship with a competitor, customer, regulator, or other stakeholder that could influence their decisions or actions. Therefore, supplier sustainability requirements are a set of standards and expectations that aim to ensure that suppliers conduct their business in a responsible and ethical manner. We ask all our Partners followings:
- To avoid conflicts of interest, which are situations where a supplier’s personal or professional interests may interfere with their ability to act in the best interest of the customer or the public.
- To disclose any potential or actual conflicts of interest to the customer as soon as possible and take appropriate steps to resolve them.
- To refrain from offering or accepting any gifts, favors, or incentives that could compromise their integrity or create an appearance of impropriety.
6. Social and community involvement
We ask of our Partners to work on activities that positively contribute to the society as well as regional communities.
To be engaged in voluntarily activities, such as social contribution through the core business, monetary donation, social contribution using facilities and human resources.
More about ZENRIN´s engagement here.
Click to download ZENRIN Supply Chain CSR Policy.